Tuesday, May 10, 2011

69 Columbia Lake Village

Irony in my address too. I share the place with Rohit, Vishnu and Madhavan. It's a two storeyed wooden structure. Beautiful from the outside and inside, but when I go up or down the stairs, the whole thing shakes and creaks. I am generally not so confident about wood, but people here are and that's what counts. Also wood is less sound-proof. I am pretty sure one day soon, the people living in 68 would lodge a complaint against us. The four of us have separate rooms, but a common kitchen, toilet and a living room. With a backyard having a wooden bench-cum-table and green meadows rolling into all directions, it was almost like the sets of some movie.

When I came here the first day with Wan, I was immediately overwhelmed by the presence of the other three apartment-mates who had arrived before me. Rohit and Vishnu were the big bosses being one week senior in Canada. They were very helpful indeed and helped me settle down fast.
At 67, lived Adarsh to be joined later by Sundaram, while 65 was for the girls Keerthi and Supriya (yet to come)
Vishnu, Keerthi and I are the only non-veg people around, but so far we have been heavily dependent on Rohit for our daily dinner of rice, vegetable and curd. Madhavan started missing South Indian food, within 3-4 days, but it looks like he will have to learn to live with it. 
The Community Centre having pool, table-tennis and fussball among games and other less important stuff like washing machines and a helpdesk

No comments:

Post a Comment